Frequently Asked Questions
Reporting abuse and offensive content to the moderation team
Our goal is to create a connected environment that is fun, unique, enriching and safe by encouraging our users to conduct themselves with a high degree of integrity, decency and respect. We're a community of many types of people, who all have the right to feel safe and comfortable using the Last.fm website.
Managing your privacy on Last.fm
You can control who can interact with you on Last.fm in your privacy settings.
- Block another user: You can block another Last.fm user by adding them to your ignore list. Ignored users' activity will be hidden on the website and they will not be able to post on your shoutbox, reply to your shouts elsewhere on the website, send you a PM, or follow you.
- Prevent strangers from contacting you: Under the heading "Receiving messages" simply change the setting "Accept messages from: Everyone" to "Users you follow only".
- Remove unwanted followers: simply add them to your ignore list.
Reporting offensive behaviour
You can report any behaviour or material that violates our Community Guidelines as follows:
- Offensive shouts / comments: These can be reported directly on the website by clicking on the menu icon on the bottom right hand corner of the shout.
- Offensive images: These can be reported directly on the website by clicking on the "Report this image as inappropriate" link underneath the vote up / down buttons. Please note that only images directly violating our community guidelines will be removed - low quality images should be voted down.
- Harassment / Bullying / Trolling / Spam: Please report this to a member of our moderation team or send us a support email using the abuse category. Additionally, you can also block users in your privacy settings - see above for details.
- Wiki / Event vandalism - Wikis and events can be edited by any member of Last.fm, for information on how to do so, please see this guide. If a wiki or event continues to be vandalised, please report this to a member of our moderation team.
- Offensive avatars / about me: Please report this to a member of our moderation team or send us a support email using the abuse category.
Note: Please do not report abuse or other users in public places such as the community support pages. These posts may be removed or hidden by our support team.