How do I stop web browser notifications or popups on my screen?
You can disable TV Guide site notifications with the steps below relevant to your desktop browser or mobile web browser:
- On your iOS or Android device, open the Chrome app.
- Go to the website you don’t want to receive notifications from.
- To the left of the web address, tap Lock.
- Next to "Notifications", tap the Site Settings and choose "Notification” to block.
If you are receiving notifications on your computer, please follow the instructions below for each of the browsers listed below:
Via Google Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click on the three dots and then go to Settings.
- Under "Privacy and Security", click Site Settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Look for tvguide.com in the "Allow" list
- Click on the 3 dots to the right of tvguide.com, and select "Block"
Via Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on the Menu icon in the top right corner, and choose Preferences
- On the left column, click Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to the "Permissions" section.
- Go to Notifications and click Settings.
- Look for tvguide.com in the list. You should see a “Status” column next to tvguide.com with dropdown options to either “Allow” or “Block.”
- Choose "Block" for https://www.tvguide.com
- Click the "Save changes" button on the bottom right corner of the page.
You should no longer see TV Guide site notifications! If you still need assistance, just let us know by clicking on the "Submit a Question" link above (or click here). Please include your OS/Browser and device type. We'll be happy to help you.