You may be running the iOS 9 version of the CBS app on your device, which is not supported for video downloads. However, iOS 10+ is supported for this feature, and it's easy to update your operating system. Simply follow these instructions:
- Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with WiFi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update. You should see that there is an iOS update available.
- Tap "Download and Install".
Another reason you may not see the download option on your device is if you're using an older version of the CBS app. To manually update the app:
- On your device, go to your App Store.
- Tap "Updates" at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap "Update All" to update all your apps, or just tap "Update" next to the CBS app.
Now reopen the CBS app and navigate to a show or movie that displays this icon
. Tap the icon, and start downloading!