There are several reasons you may be seeing a "loading" image or black screen* when you attempt to stream CBS All Access. For more information, just click on a topic.
In order to stream CBS All Access, ad blocking software must be disabled so that sponsored messages can play. If ad blocking software is detected, the system will prevent video playback and display a blank screen.
Solution: Please remove or disable the ad blocking software before attempting to stream videos (this includes the Big Brother Live Feeds). If the "loading" animation displays without live content ever loading on the video player, and you can still see live video in the four camera selections below it, you likely have ad blockers enabled.
If you don't think you have ad blockers enabled, but you still cannot stream, try these steps:
- Refresh/reload the live video player page (desktop/laptop users can use the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl + F5)
- Clear your cookies and cache data within your browser (click here for instruction).
- Close the browser and relaunch it.
- Return to the live video player page and sign in.
Peak Internet traffic
Another cause could be that you're trying to stream content during high Internet traffic times while utilizing a slower internet speed connection. Please try streaming the same content during 'off-peak' periods of Internet usage. Typically, peak times of internet usage is from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.Slow connection speed
You need a high speed connection of 4 MBPS or more to stream live content. To check your Internet speed, go to fast.com
. You should also make sure your download speed is at least 4 MBPS. If not, call your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to discuss your options to increase your current connection speed.Insufficient bandwidth
If the video is buffering or you're seeing a loading image, you may have bandwidth issues, especially if you're logged in on several devices at the same time.
Solution: Log out of your CBS All Access account from all devices, then log in again on the one device from which you wish to stream content.
Black screen/no live TV on Apple TV (4th gen)
If you’re having problems accessing live TV on your device, we’d like you to send feedback directly to our technicians to test your signal.
To get started, please follow these steps:
*Note: Big Brother Live Feeds are subject to a brief delay, and may be edited or blacked out on occasion. These blackout periods should not be confused with technical issues affecting your live stream.
- On your Apple TV, open the CBS app and visit Settings > Live TV. You’ll see the logo for your local CBS network appear under the Live TV setting.
- Click the “Live TV issues? Send feedback” button, located below the logo.
- Next, follow the prompts to answer 3 feedback questions. A confirmation message will display once you’ve answered the last question.
- Navigate back to the Live TV menu to stream video. If the test was successful, you should be able to stream Live TV.