How do I Start Waivers for my Baseball league?
In order to start the waiver process, the system must recognize a completed draft. Once your draft has completed, just use these steps to get started:
- Set a Start Waivers Date. Leagues using the software to load rosters by live draft or offline draft tool will be able to set a Start Waivers date. However, Dynasty leagues that do not conduct annual drafts will have to select "My League will not use any of these options (complete draft process for this season)" as an option through the Set Draft Type link under the Rosters column.
- Access the Start Waivers Link. At the conclusion of an online salary cap, standard or extended drafts, the system will permit commissioners to access the Start Waivers link available in two areas on the site:
- the transaction details bar, located at the bottom of the Players page, will have a link to route the user to the Start Waivers page and
- direct access to Start Waivers will be available on the Commissioner Tools page under the Roster column (accessible through the C/gear wheel icon located at the upper-right corner of every league page).
- Select Available Dates and Confirm. On the Start Waivers page, a calendar will be available on the left-side of the page. With the arrow keys to the left and right of the current month, the commissioner may toggle to select available dates at any month during the season. Only the days in blue text will be available for selection. The date in black text with the light blue background will be the currently selected date for the first waiver run of the season. Once the preferred date has been chosen, click Confirm and the system will post a message to the league feed, announcing the date. Team managers who have enabled notifications will receive an email as well.
Note: The initial waiver run will occur approximately at 2am ET of the date selected. This works differently from the selection of deadline days for Waiver Run on the Set Transaction Policies page where a check for Wednesday would result in an early morning waiver run on Thursday. If the date of the first waiver run is set for August 21st, then the waivers will run early morning on August 21st.